Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Overdue...

Oh gosh! I am so busy still that I forget to blog about my progress...ugh! Ok so Saturday I played hooky from my bike workout...I needed a day off badly! But no worries because I paid dearly for it Sunday on my attempt at an 8 mile run...it was awful!! I ran the first 4 at about an 11 min/mile pace...the last four was a completely different story...after mile 6...the walking began and I walked the last 2 miles. Despite the walking though, I did complete 8 miles in an hour and a half...so at least I got off my butt and did it right? That's what I keep telling myself at least!

This week is week 8 and is geared to be a recovery week...which I couldn't be happier about. Although there is nothing recovery about Crossfit Bootcamp sessions.

Monday was yet another bad day...I overslept...scratch that I WAY overslept. I didn't wake up until 1145, lucky for me I didn't have to be at work until 1230 that day, but I did miss Crossfit Bootcamp. I couldn't believe it, I think my body needed the rest...I am guessing I turned off my alarms instead of snoozing them. Hopefully that doesn't become a trend. Luckily though, Monday was my day off so I didn't have to so any working out after work. I forget whats it like to get off work and just come home, I kind of miss those days.

Tuesday  was 30 min run...piece of cake right?! Ugh I wish it were easy...even 30 min runs are hard for me. I don't even know if its mental or physical at this point...I think it is a combination and the run portion of my half iron man is starting to really make me nervous.

Wednesday- A good day!! Finally!!! I felt like I dominated Crossfit Bootcamp even though it killed me! We started with a warm-up 800m run followed by some ab work and 15 air squats. Then we were suppose to do AMRAP of 400m backwards run, 30 KB SDHP (sumo dead lift high pulls) using 25# KB, 20 pull-ups (mine were jumping pull-ups) and then 40 mountain climbers (where left and right leg = 1). I made it through 4 complete rounds :) The best person made it 4 and a half rounds (some guy that's in the evening group bootcamp) so I was pretty pleased with myself. It was hard though but I loved it! Then after work I did my swim of 1100 yards (I know to all my swimmer friends this is so wimpy). 200 warm-up, 8x 50 (drill/swim) drills were L arm, R arm, catch-up and zipper, 2 x 50 kick with board, 4 x 50 pull with paddles and buoy, and 200 cool down. The swim was nice and easy and I really pushed it on my 50's kick and 50's pull.

Well I really need to get the chlorine out of my hair and get some sleep. I have a 13 hour work day tomorrow and a bike workout to do.....

No comments:

Post a Comment